onsdag 22 november 2006

The count down has begun


The tickets are now bought. It's a fact: We are leaving for South Korea! on January the third. The plane takes off from Copenhagen at 14.40 (swedish time) and we have to be there at least two hours in advance. My god! What am I going to pack!

I have never been to Asia and know very little about it so it's extremely hard for me to picture myself living there. I've heard that the Korean people are quite nice and I've also heard that they spit on foriegners in the street. I'm krossing my fingers praying to god (again) that they at least know some english, so I can talk to them before they hopingly not spit in my face. I refuse to listen to those who tells me otherwise. Lalalalala...

But there are things I think I know for a fact. They eat a spicy colesalad called "Kimshi" as a sidedish to every meal, no eceptions. My sister told me though that this was very good for my digestion, so I am looking forward to it. Maybe I'll even loose a pound or two :).

Further more a lot of people live in Korea. It's one of the worlds most populated countries. I'm thinking high, high buildings up in the sky. Like Jack and the beanstalk. You can't even see the top of the houses. And there are a lot of balconies, with laundry hanging to dry. I don't know why I picture it so, I just do.

I suppose I'm heading for a culturechock.
What do you think?

2 kommentarer:

Benny sa...

Vad kul å höra från dig Mirabelle, låter spännande med 6 månader i Korea, skall bli kul å följa dina äventyr! Eftersom jag älskar mat, och speciellt att laga mat från olika länder så hoppas jag att du kan ge tips på olika typiska Koreanska maträtter! Packa inte ner för mycket grejor nu bara Mirabelle!

Kramar från din ”gamla” kollega

Mirabelle sa...

Tjena Benny. Klart att jag ska komma med recept. Alla gånger! När jag inte skriver så kommer jag ju i princip bli hemmafru och då är det väl sånt man håller på med ;). Kram på dig!